Event Phone: 01952 432769
- April 4, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
A course suitable for woodland owners and managers who need to undertake controlled deer management. The course will provide details on how to gather and assess the level of impact and how to implement and monitor control measures.
The course will cover:
- Identifying a deer presence.
- Types of damage and the different effects on woodland.
- Identifying different deer species and unique levels/type of damage.
- Understanding/setting acceptable level of impact against woodland management priorities.
- Types of control and appropriate use.
- How to set cull levels and how to monitor.
- How to gauge success.
- Understanding and supporting the venison supply chain.
This course is undertaken in partnership with the Deer Initiative and the course tutor David Jam CEO of the Deer Initiative.
Course cost: £100
Booking a payment options: Contact Judith Adams 01952 432769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue: Uncllys Farm