Event Phone: 01952 432769
May 15, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This course is designed to equip woodland owners to take control of deer management within their woods.
Course cost: £100
- Understanding landscape scale management, the role a stalker can play in cull collaboration.
- Understanding levels of accreditation for deer managers and the minimum appropriate to activity, minimum levels of competency, proving competency, seeking references. Key questions to achieve reassurance.
- Understanding levels of risk and mitigation.
- Understanding levels of responsibility and liability. Type of insurance and minimum cover appropriate to risk.
- Using established networks to find a suitable deer manage
- Forming a simple contract appropriate to need.
- Agreeing and setting cull numbers.
- How to monitor against set impact targets – how to manage poor cull performance.
- How to manage disagreements and conflict.
- Understanding venison supply chain and ensuring good practice.
For further information contact: Richard Thomason 01952 432769 / 07964934556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org